Captain Paul Keating
- Mobile Phone: +44 (0) 7952650865
- Local Mobile: +33 (0) 785135663
- Skype: captainpaulkeating
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Website: www.yachtcaptain.co.nz
- New Zealand and Irish (UK)
|Master Yacht 3000 ton||Yacht||MCA|
|Cayman Islands Endorsed||Yacht||CISR|
|Master Unlimited 500 ton||Yacht / Commercial||MSA/MCA|
|New Zealand Offshore Master||Yacht / Commercial||MSA|
|Marine Engineer Class 3||Yacht / Commercial||MSA/MCA|
|MTU Motor Technician CM2||Yacht / Commercial||MTU|
|Ship Security Officer||Yacht / Commercial||MCA|
|Master Scuba Diver Trainer||6 specialties||PADI|
|Specialty Instructor||25 specialties||SDI/TDI|
I am an enthusiastic motivated person who has enjoyed a versatile career starting in New Zealand in 1988. My career has been built integrity, common sense, conscientiousness and a love of the ocean.
I seek positions which make full use of my experience and professional attitude. My aim is to make the ownership or building of a yacht an enjoyable and exhilarating experience for my employer.
I ensure the highest technical levels are achieved throughout a project and completion is on time and in budget. Onboard under my command a safety and security conscious environment are always adhered to.
Managing a Yacht or Project for me is a highly rewarding experience and exceeding an owner’s expectations is something for which I constantly strive.
2009 - Current: Project Manager, New Build 37m, MCA Charter Class, Cayman Flag. High quality custom built commercial charter Yacht. Project completion, July 2010.
This high usage summer Yacht had no breakdowns in first 3 seasons extended cruising.
2010 Season, Turkey, Greece, 2011 Season, Turkey, Croatia 2012 Season, Turkey, Croatia ,Italy, Sardinia . 2013, France, Italy, Balearics, Corsica, Croatia.
- M/Y Victory V; 172 feet, 498 tons, Commercial Charter and Private usage,
Captain, 2008 to 2009.
This 18 month old 52m large volume charter yacht I completed a successful Mediterranean charter season on. Now she is in an extensive refit period.
- M/Y Aqualibrium; 132 feet, 498 tons, Commercial Charter and Private usage,
Captain, 2007 to 2008.
I managed this vessel through a highly successful Mediterranean charter season. Then ensured the vessel was in tip top condition to move to the Caribbean for heavy use.
- M/Y Lady Good Girl; 150 feet, 315 tons, Commercial Charter Yacht,
Captain, 2006. (Delivery)
This Classic Charter Yacht I delivered from Viareggio Italy to Martinique with one stop at the Canaries. Preparing the vessel for charter while underway to the Caribbean.
- M/Y Casuarina, Mediterranean; 126 feet, 298 tons, Charter Yacht,
Captain, 2006. (Relief)
This Global charter yacht I joined in Antibes and oversaw the rebuilding of a main engine on the dock. Completed owner's charter through France and Italy then delivered the vessel on her own bottom to the US to be sold in the Miami Boat show.
- M/Y Kiring, United Kingdom; 120 feet, 384 tons, UK Private Yacht,
Captain, 2005 to 2006.
The Remit for this position was to move the vessel from Italian class registration into Lloyds A1 UK. This included a full dockside mechanical refit for class and the implementation of flag state law while vessel remained fully operational for owners use.
- M/Y Spirit, Mediterranean; 120 feet, 304 tons, UK Charter Yacht,
Captain/Chief Engineer, 2005
New build for sale to be shown at Monaco and Cannes boat shows. Completed charter season and accomplished sale of vessel.
- M/Y Blue Star, World circumnavigation; 150 feet; 480 tons, Cayman Private Yacht,
Chief Engineer, 2003 to 2004
This Private yacht was travelling worldwide stopping to dive the best locations for owner and family. A full 3 month mechanical and structural refit was completed in Australia to ABS class with Cayman Registration.
- M/Y BIA IV, Roatan, Honduras; 120 feet; 470 tons, US Charter Yacht
Captain/Engineer, 2002 to 2003
This busy Caribbean based charter vessel maintained a 7 day charter schedule with turnarounds of 8 hours. On-board service was both Master and Chief Engineer.
- M/Y Wave Dancer, Belize City, Belize; 120 feet; 212 tons, US Charter Yacht
M/Y Sun Dancer, Palau, Pacific; 147 feet; 378 tons
Captain/Engineer, 2000 to 2001
Caribbean, Belize based charter vessel with a 7 day charter schedule and turnarounds of 8 hours. Occupancy rate brought up from 75% to 98 % during time onboard. A dockside refit period was completed and service was both as Master and Chief Engineer.
- M/Y Lady Anna of Fife, Mediterranean; 118 feet; UK Private/Charter Yacht
This Mediterranean based vessel was in its first year of charter and completed 12 weeks of for the season. This was a seasonal position.
- S/Y Aspasia Alpha, Palma Del Mallorca; 122 feet; UK Private yacht
Engineer/Mate, 1998 to 1999
Major refit completed in Palma yard to prepare vessel for circumnavigation.
- Previous to 1998:
Captain/Engineer, 4 commercial vessels, Wellington, New Zealand, New Zealand, 4/1988 to 4/1998 .1600 Sea days, from Coastal to Deep sea work on vessels 18m-82m in southern oceans
10 Years as a Commercial Mariner, serving from Deckhand up to Master. Finishing as a Master 500 unlimited MCA endorsed. Dual certified as a Merchant Class 3 engineer.
Sea time accrued as an Owner operator of 3 vessels and working both coastal and deep sea vessel in the southern oceans.
- New Zealand based from 2010 working seasonal with a seasonal business in NZ. Now based in Picton, Malborough Sounds for 5 month per year. www.naturetours.co.nz
- New Build Project management experience.
- Extensive charter yacht experience in various oceans.
- Extensive refit experience.
- Relief and Delivery Experience.
- Extensive management experience maritime and land based.
- 3000 Hours commercial diving time ~ construction, teaching, data collection.
- Cycling, jogging, hiking, photography, snowboarding, underwater videography and spear fishing.